We asked Danny Matta of the Dock and Jock podcast and the brand new PT Entrepreneur Podcast, “What are the 6 most important things to do BEFORE you start your own cash PT practice?” Here’s what Danny gave us:
- Define your audience. If you know who you want to work with, it’s much easier to fine tune your marketing message.
- Get the boring stuff done right. Form your company, get your license, get your insurance and consult with a lawyer on the specifics of your practice act.
- Find a mentor/coach. You can make a lot of mistakes on your own that cost time and money. Work with someone that’s done what you want to do and you’ll get there faster.
- Learn how to sell. You don’t learn this in school. Sadly, no one cared how well you can mobilize a hip. They care if you can solve their problem or not. Solve their problem and they’ll become a client.
- Start producing content. 2-3 months out from starting your practice start putting out blogs and videos that your target audience would get value from.
- Get in front of people and educate. This is the best way to build authority and strengthen your personal brand. This was the number one way I grew my practice the first year.